Tuesday, February 19, 2019
Business Meeting: 8:30 a.m.
Guest Speaker: 9:00 a.m.
Location: The Salvation Army London Citadel, 555 Springbank Dr, London
Speaker – Susan Oster, Public Education Coordinator from the Alzheimer Society of London & Middlesex
A conversation about volunteers as their abilities change and how to consider accommodation.
LAVA is an acronym for London and Area Association for Volunteer Administration. Our mandate is to provide an opportunity for individuals in the field of Volunteer Management and Administration, either as a professional or on a volunteer basis, to meet with others in the field to share successes, work on challenges, explore opportunities and gain valuable skills and knowledge offered by LAVA members and partners in London and area.
To bring together in an association, persons in the City of London and surrounding areas, who have a common interest in providing the best possible leadership in volunteer management by:
- Promoting and advocating for professionalism within the field of volunteer management and the community at large
- Providing educational, professional development and mentoring opportunities for members to keep them appraised of recognized standards of practice
- Collaborating with agencies and institutions to enhance volunteer management and volunteerism across the community
WHAT WE DO
- LAVA meetings are usually held on the third Tuesday of every month at the 3rd Floor Boardroom of the St. Joseph’s Hospice, 485 Windermere Rd. at 8:30 a.m. until 10 a.m.
- Our member organizations have the opportunity to speak about its work and the nature of volunteers within that organization. Afterwards questions and discussion are taken up.
- Many times the discussion is opened up for general topics in a Soapbox atmosphere, either presented by an attendee or collected at previous meetings. This often generates more discussion than the time allotted allows for and becomes a topic for follow up in the program portion of a future meeting.
- At every meeting either a guest speaker will be on hand to speak on a timely topic or issue, or group discussion will be led by our program chairs on subjects that have been determined by our members.
Follow us on Social Media
Managers of Volunteers – London Ontario